Licenses for renting a Scooter or Motorbike
All you need to know about driving licenses for driving a scooter or motorbike

Hola amigos!

We receive many emails asking us about the driving licenses and requirements for renting a scooter or motorbike.

First of all, regarding non-european licenses: we do accept all driving liceses that we can read. The international license is wellcome and helps us to recognise what is the equivalent of your home country license, but itself is not enough to rent or to drive. It must be always accompained by your home country license.

About licenses requirements:

Piaggio 50cc: A car driving license is enough to ride on one of the power-limited scooters. They can only go 45Km/h and are not allowed on Highways. The ideal for those with less experience.

Piaggio and Vespa 125cc: You can drive them with your standard car driving license if you have it since more than 3 years and you are over 21 years old. A motorbike license is of course also valid.

For those with less experience we do recommend the Piaggio 125cc, which has bigger wheels and is lighter weight.

Vespa 300cc and Moto Guzzi V7: You need a motorbike driving license. For those with european licenses, it is enough with A2 or A licenses. American licenses with endorsement M and Australian R.

Ducati, BMW, Harley: only for riders with full motorbike license: European A, American M and Australian R endorsements